Vehicle Licencing

Information with regard to vehicle licencing.

Q&A - Problems While Using a Demonstration Licence

Q&A ImageI recently got a ticket for section 11 MVA while using my demonstration plate. I had my icbc consent card, driver's licence, d plate & a copy of my garage policy. The officer told me I need a copy of the registration in the car as well.

To my knowledge the copy of the registration is not needed. I would like to fight the ticket but need to know if this is correct.

Off Road Vehicle Registration Required After June 1, 2015

Off Road Vehicle Licence PlateIf you intend to operate your off road vehicle (ORV) anywhere on public lands after June 1, 2015 you have just three weeks left to register it through ICBC. When the vehicle is registered an off road vehicle licence plate will be issued and must be displayed. The  changes replaced outdated legislation governing British Columbia’s growing off-road sector, and helps ensure these vehicles are driven in a safe and environmentally responsible manner. (See update at end of article)

Q&A - Transfer of Ownership & Huge Towing Bill

Q&A ImageMy girlfriend recently failed to properly transfer ownership of her car after she sold it. The guy shortly after wound up getting the car impounded somehow, and the vehicle was never transferred out of her name. Now, a towing company 4 months later wrote her telling her that she owes $3100 in towing and storage fees. HELP!

NEWS - Is Uber Coming to British Columbia?

New BC LogoThe news agencies are busily discussing the possibility of Uber becoming active in Vancouver. Uber is a way to make money with your vehicle by sharing rides in your vehicle with people willing to pay less than taxi fare to you. You sign up as a driver with Uber and the Uber app puts people seeking a ride in touch with you via smart phone. A simple way to earn cash? Not in BC.

Q&A - Buying the Right Truck to Pull my Trailer

Q&A ImageI want to buy an Eco boost F150 rated to haul 11,300 lbs and I have a 33' tow behind camper with electric brackets fully loaded at 7600lbs can I haul it through BC? I'm having a hard time doing the calculations on your website.

Q&A - Utility Vehicles on the Highway?

Q&A Imagei have a 2012 polaris ranger it has front head lights, brake and driving lights.I have 3 point seat belts full roll cage and steel doors can i insure this and drive it on public roads.

Q&A - No Papers, How do I Register a Motorcycle?

Q&A ImageI purchased a 30 year old motorcycle. The previous owner had no registration as he used it off road. I ran the VIN through CPIC and it produced no history of being stolen. What steps do I take to obtain registration papers?

Q&A - Selling a Vehicle Long Distance

Q&A ImageWe've moved to Saskatchewan from BC and have just sold our utility trailer that is still at the house we were renting in Ladysmith BC. Could we please obtain advice on the best way to make the transfer (paperwork, etc). Obviously the trailer is still insured in BC and it was bought in BC also.

I have current insurance and ownership papers here in Saskatchewan.

Collector Licence Plates

BC Collector Licence PlateIt's show and shine season and the carefully maintained and restored older vehicles are out for our appreciation. I watched one vehicle from the early 50's pass by me the other day and I noticed that it was equipped with a center brake light and angel eyes in the headlights. It also sported a collector licence plate and that got me to thinking, were either of the two "enhancements" that I noticed allowed on a collector plated vehicle?

Q&A - Commercial Vehicles Using Out of Province Licence Plates

Q&A ImageI see more and more Alberta companies having Alberta plates on their equipment and having their terminals in BC. These companies work and train out of the BC terminals. Their equipment runs either all BC or are pro-rated to run BC/Alberta.

Is this legal and how do they do it?

Syndicate content

Google Ads