CONTEST - Win a Set of Winter Tires
Road Safety at Work (RSAW) offers a free online training course, Winter Driving Safety for Employers and Supervisors to give them the tools they need to plan, implement and monitor a winter driving safety program in their organization. According to RSAW "the winter months of November, December and January are the most dangerous. Almost one third of all work-related crashes resulting in injury and time-loss claims occur during these months."
The course will help employers and supervisors to do the following:
- Understand legal obligations on workplace health and safety as related to winter driving.
- Recognize the hazards associated with winter driving conditions.
- Develop a winter driving safety policy using a sample policy.
- Develop winter driving safe work procedures using a sample procedure.
- Implement winter driving safe work policies and procedures.
- Identify ways to communicate with your workers regarding winter driving safety.
- Monitor winter driving practices in your organization.
- Evaluate winter driving practices through debriefings with your workers and reviewing winter driving safety policy and safe work procedures.
If you complete the course and exit survey by December 15, 2021 you will be entered into a draw to win a set of winter tires courtesy of Kal Tire.