Content supplied by or concerning the Insurance Corporation of BC

Q&A - Minor Damage Collision - Do I Report It?

Q&A ImageWhen driving the Coquihalla highway this past Friday the 18th, I was rear ended by a small car. There was no damage to my vehicle, except for two small paint scuffs from his license plate holder, and there was no damage to his car.

Convicted for Impaired Driving in Alberta - Can I Drive in BC?

Keys and DrinkThe basis of this story comes from an inquiry posed by a young man who moved from BC to Alberta for work and was convicted for drinking and driving. He lost his job and was forced to move back home. The Justice of the Peace at the courthouse in Alberta advised that his driving prohibition was for the province of Alberta and that this should not stop him from obtaining a BC driver's licence when he returned home. The Justice of the Peace was not correct.

Q&A - Does Our Hay Trailer Need a Licence and Insurance?

Q&A ImageWe own a small ranch in BC. Our hay fields stretch out along a small public road that runs through our ranch. We have just purchased a large truck which is now insured with farm plates to haul our hay bales off of the fields. We have been told that the hay trailer being pulled by this truck needs to be liscenced.

Q&A - No Winter Tires, No Insurance Coverage?

Q&A ImageQuestion: We have heard that there is a new law about winter tires. Tires now need to have the snow flake symbol on them or insurance will not cover us for a crash. Is this true?

Protecting Your Interest After a Hit & Run

Intersection CrashIn response to hearing the siren of an approaching fire engine, Cindy Li slowed in preparation to yield to it. While her vehicle was still moving, it was struck from behind by another car. She stopped, exited her car, walked back to the other car and spoke to the young male driver, requesting that he pull over to exchange information. As she returned to her car, the male drove around her and disappeared from sight.

How do I get Ownership Papers for my Snowmobile?

Q&A ImageQUESTION: I purchased a snowmobile in 2003 brand new from a Skidoo dealership in Kelowna. At that time I registered it with a ICBC and got a sticker. However, I never received any ownership papers. Is there any way to get that paperwork as I want to sell the machine.

Off Road Vehicle Registration Required After June 1, 2015

Off Road Vehicle Licence PlateIf you intend to operate your off road vehicle (ORV) anywhere on public lands after June 1, 2015 you have just three weeks left to register it through ICBC. When the vehicle is registered an off road vehicle licence plate will be issued and must be displayed. The  changes replaced outdated legislation governing British Columbia’s growing off-road sector, and helps ensure these vehicles are driven in a safe and environmentally responsible manner. (See update at end of article)

Q&A - Surrendering Licence to Mitigate Points

Q&A ImageThis weekend I was speedtrapped with a speed measuring device, and awarded an excessive speeding ticket (105 in 60 zone). I have been travelling on a motorcycle in the left lane, wanted to merge into the right to let the car behind me pass, gained speed to get ahead of the cars in the right lane and was caught on a radar.

Q&A - No Papers, How do I Register a Motorcycle?

Q&A ImageI purchased a 30 year old motorcycle. The previous owner had no registration as he used it off road. I ran the VIN through CPIC and it produced no history of being stolen. What steps do I take to obtain registration papers?

Q&A - Can I be Failed for Driving Slowly?

ICBC LogoCan i fail the class 7 road test for driving 40-45 in 50 zone if I'm not impeding traffic (not a busy town) rarely much traffic.

Syndicate content

Google Ads