PROJECT - BC Safe Routes Now
The BC Cycling Coalition is asking you to speak up for safe cycling and active transportation. The group would like you to help to realize the transportation future of BC—a complete transportation network suitable for people of all ages, abilities, and socio-economic backgrounds.
According to their news release, this project will:
- Assemble data on safe infrastructure across the province
- Help planners, funders and politicians understand exactly what’s most urgently needed
- Empower communities around BC to plan for and build more safe routes, and meet their climate goals
- Celebrate existing municipal Active Transportation expansion plans
- Make the case for more provincial and federal funding for Active Transportation infrastructure throughout BC
The BC Safe Routes Now Project Page explains what it hopes to accomplish and provides an inventory of what is already in place in some BC cities today.
If you wish to make a financial donation to support the project, there is a matching fund totalling $15,000 already in place to make your donation even more helpful.