Q&A - Displaying a Temporary Permit

motorcycleWhen I get a temporary permit for my motorcycle that has a plate with an expired decal do I need to have the permit showing or can I carry it in my pocket as I'm worried about it blowing off if I try and put it on the back of the bike?


It should be displayed

Not having it displayed will get you pulled over and all that hassle.

Make a photocopy of the original and scotch tape it all over the expired plate.
Carry the original in the pocket.


ICBC advises that you should carry both parts of the permit with you. Should you have a windshield, you can display the smaller part of the permit.


Google Ads