Q&A - Requesting Speed Enforcement

Q&A ImageI've been living in the Armstrong Elementary school area for the last 1.5 years and I have never seen any speed traps to enforce the school zone speed limit. It beginning to feel like I'm the only one who knows the speed limit is 30 km/h in the school zone.

My question is, would you happen to know if its as simple as calling the RCMP and suggesting to them this be a place to set up a speed trap?


It is That Simple

Yes, call the detachment responsible for that school zone and request that they do speed enforcement there. You could also tell them why you feel it needs to be done and when the best time for enforcement would be.

If it is a significant problem, enlist the school PAC Group and have them add their voices to support your request.

You may also want to invite Speed Watch to come and work the zone too. It appears from council minutes that there is an active Speedwatch in Armstrong.

Google Ads